It has been our practice in recent years to encourage our supporters and their local congregations to join in a united effort to uphold the work of RTF and the church in China in prayer before the God of heaven. This year we hope that you will set aside the Sunday after Chinese New Year (18th February) or the Reformation Sunday (31 October) as the 2018 Pray for China Day. We hope that this will provide an opportunity to make the work of RTF better known in Australian churches. Several resources for you to spread the word about RTF.
- An A4 poster template for your church notice board.
- A brief introduction to the RTF and its ministry for any who may not be familiar already.
The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians, “You help us by your prayers” (2 Corinthians 1: 11). We have valued your prayerful interest in this ministry in the past and encourage you to continue with us in helping those who hunger for the doctrines of grace in China.
2018 Pray Requests
The Reformation Translation Fellowship welcomes you and your congregation to join in a concerted effort to pray for God’s blessing upon the Church in China. We rejoice that many people are hearing the good news of salvation in Christ Jesus. Yet we continue to pray…
- That the emerging Church in China will be solidly grounded upon the Scriptures and sound doctrine.
- That ministers and elders would be rooted in the historic Christian faith so that they might train the flock under their care.
- That RTF would be enabled to translate and distribute sound Reformed literature to all who can read it.
- That Reformed Churches would be planted and thrive in China.
- That dangerous cult and false doctrine would be arrested and prevented from spreading.
- That persecuted Christians and their families would be enabled to stand firm in the faith and speak the gospel boldly.
Thank God that RTF has been able to print and distribute the following titles during 2017:
- B. B. Warfield, The Plan of Salvation
- Jonathan Edwards, God at Work
- G. K. Beale & Mitchell Kim, God Dwells Among Us: Expanding Eden to the Ends of the Earth
- Douglas Milne, Let’s Study Luke
- Frederick Leahy, The Victory of the Lamb
- Loraine Boettner, The Trinity
- O. Palmer Robertson, God’s People in the Wilderness
- Martha Peace & Stuart Scott, The Faithful Parent: A Biblical Guide to Raising a Family
Pray for those who will be translating, editing, printing and distributing the following titles in 2018:
- Vern S. Poythress, The Returning King
- John Newton, Select Letters of John Newton
- Abraham Kuyper, Lectures on Calvinism: The Stone Lectures of 1898
- Iain M. Duguid, Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality
- Iain M. Duguid, Living in the Grip of Relentless Grace
- Richard B. Gaffin Jr., By Faith, Not By Sight: Paul and the Order of Salvation
- Richard B. Gaffin Jr., Resurrection and Redemption
- Thomas Watson, All Things for Good
- Sinclair B. Ferguson, The Whole Christ
- O. Palmer Robertson, The Christ of the Covenants
- Mark E. Ross, Let’s Study Mathew
- Terry Johnson, When Grace Comes Home
- Mark Jones, God Is: A Devotional Guide to the Attributes of God
- Greg Bahnsen, Van Til’s Apologetic
- John Calvin, Commentary on 1 &2 Peter and Jude
- John Calvin, Commentary on Acts