As we review the work of RTF over the past year, we give thanks to God for the ways in which he has enabled the work to go forward…
- The demand for theological education in China continues to grow. During 2012 RTF was able to sponsor several intensive classes in various parts of China. One class led by Prof J on the Book of Romans was especially appreciated.
- Ten thousand copies of John R. de Witt’s “What is Reformed Theology?” were reprinted and distributed in China.
- Funds were raised in the USA to distribute a “Church Leaders Ministry Set”, consisting of the following titles, to pastors in mainland China: Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J. I. Packer, Roadblocks to Church Effectiveness by J. G. Vos, Reasons to Believe by R. C. Sproul, The Glorious Body of Christ by R. B. Kuiper and The Handbook of Church Discipline by Jay Adams.
- In March 2012 Dr Sam Chao, son of RTF founder Dr Charles Chao, was able to visit Australia to meet with RTFA committee members and speak in churches and colleges in Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide. This was an opportunity to learn more about the wider work of RTF, and a reminder that RTF is a fellowship of believers who share a common interest in gospel work in China.
- Because of the decentralised nature of RTF publishing, it has been hard to keep track of the total number of RTF books which have been distributed over the past 64 years. However, a recent, and conservative, calculation concluded that over 1,000,000 books have been printed. We are not sure exactly when that milestone was reached, but it is a reason to pause and give thanks to God.